A Healthy Board Will Have…
1. Great Leaders who deliberately do the following things:
A. Create the right environment (believe in what you are doing)
- Know basic human needs.
- Know what is expected of you and each member of the board.
- Make sure that you and each member of the board have the opportunity to perform.
- Know how each one is getting along.
- Give assistance where it is needed.
- Recognize each member’s contribution. Read more
Little did we realize God was giving us a free home demonstration on handling all the interesting challenges that come with leadership that fateful day in Kenya, Africa.
Three missionaries were on their way to dedicate the first permanent church building (the work in Kenya had begun only a year before). They neared the equator in a mountain pass when the horrified eyes of two passengers saw a large stake-bodied truck hurtling down the narrow tarmac road, evidently having lost his gears and brakes.
The driver, John Harris, decided the wise thing would be to get out of the way, so he quickly pulled 23 feet off the road (all the space the pass allowed) and switched off his engine. His Superintendent, Bill Cupples, lay asleep in the back seat. But the driver did not hurtle on by, he evidently thought the small English car could stop his wild plunge so he turned the truck toward it and stripped off the whole left side including doors – the cab sheered off the base of the truck and plunged on into the mountain side where they found the driver dead. Read more