Accomplishing goals are difficult enough without adding the additional workload of being a spiritual leader into the mix. Time management often proves a daunting task for many leaders around the world both secular and religious. It is a focal stress for people and if properly miss-managed can create harmful stress on the individual, his/her family and those in which they lead. Yet what can be discovered in light of this to help a leader overcome the rigors of time management and become successful? To find such answers the following areas are explored:
- The Leader and Time Management
- Stress and Time Management
- Time Management Tips
- Getting Things Done Diagram Read more
Servant-Leaders will face a variety of conflicts and problems in his/her service: everything from plugged toilets and church mice to Sunday School kids in an all-out fist fight and two church leaders in an all-out silent treatment (or visa versa); not to mention one’s personal conflicts in marriage, family, and relationships in and out of the church. It is imperative that God’s people, especially leaders, know how to manage conflict effectively. After all, we still are humans dealing with humans! Where there are people there is conflict. Conflict is an inevitable part of life. Problems aren’t . They are . They just need to be handled and solved. Read more
A great commitment to a great commandment and the great commission will grow a great church!
(Purpose Driven Church, Rick Warren, p. 102)
The foundation of your church will determine both its size and strength. One can never build larger than the foundation can handle.
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
1. There are four common reasons why people do not perform the way they should:
- They do not know what they are supposed to do.
- They do not know how to do it.
- They do not know why they should.
- There are obstacles beyond their control
2. These four reasons why people fail to perform at their potential are all the responsibilities of leadership.
- The first three reasons deal with starting a job correctly.
- A training program, job description, proper tools, vision and communication skills will go a long way in meeting the first three issues Read more
Planning is defined as an aim, intention, purpose or something that is considered in advance.
Ecclesiastes 3:1:- states, “To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the sun.” From this verse we learn that there is time and plan of God for everything that happens to us here on the earth.
Romans 8:28:”And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God to them who are called according to his purpose” – (PLAN).
Why did God make the sun?
Because it was His plan to make the distinction between the day and night (Genesis 1:16).
The following is not a set of “Leadership Principles” or “Laws of Leadership” that have guided my life. Rather, I have tried to be me, but these area few of life’s lessons I have observed.
- I read once “Leadership is the gift given to you by those who follow.” I have always tried to remember that people are not forced to follow you, and if they feel forced, you will never get their best efforts or have their respect. Some people try to lead by intimidation, but it is never successful in the long term. You can receive an appointment or be elected to a position, but that does not make you a leader. It gives you the opportunity to prove yourself and that you are worthy of that trust. Read more