How to Make Good Decisions
1. There are four common reasons why people do not perform the way they should:
- They do not know what they are supposed to do.
- They do not know how to do it.
- They do not know why they should.
- There are obstacles beyond their control
2. These four reasons why people fail to perform at their potential are all the responsibilities of leadership.
- The first three reasons deal with starting a job correctly.
- A training program, job description, proper tools, vision and communication skills will go a long way in meeting the first three issues
3. The fourth reason is basically problems that arise in the performance of the tasks of the job.
A. The problem with problems is this:
- People do not like them.
- People weary of problems quickly.
- People will do almost anything to get away from them.
B. This makes people give the reigns of leadership into your hands if one of two things is true.
- Are you willing and able to tackle the problem?
- Are you willing and able to train them to solve the problem?
C. Your problem solving/decision making skills will always be needed because people always have problems.
To read more on this lesson, please visit our Download Resources link, or download below.
by David L. Flowers